Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tell Me Something Tuesday


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings. Each week there is a new question presented. Check out Heidi's page to find all the details (:

This weeks question: 
To continue or not to continue... let's talk about series. What are some of your favorite series that you continue to read? What would cause you not to continue a series? 

Some series that I really enjoy: 

The Women's Murder Club by James Patterson

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

The Tudor Court by Philippa Gregory

Series that I want to read:

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Alex Cross by James Patterson 

So, I really enjoy series, but I find it hard to keep up with them. Sometimes I just need a change of pace, so I stop the series and read other books, and then eventually go back to it. That's what is happening with the Women's Murder Club; I've read the first 3 and really liked them but I needed a change from mystery/thrillers, so I put it down for now. I also have only read the first of A Song of Ice and Fire, but have the second waiting for me at home. Its such a long book that its going to be a big commitment, so I find myself putting it off, even though I loved the first! 

Series that I have stopped reading: 

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 

Fifty Shades by E.L. James

These two series are the first that come to mind when I think of ones that I haven't finished, and I'm not sure if I want to. I really enjoyed the first Hunger Games book, and liked the second as well. But every time I start to read the third, I'm bored with it and just can't get into it like the others. As for Fifty Shades... well, I will admit that while reading the first, I liked it and immediately went out to buy the second. However, while reading the second, I didn't like it as much and can't even read the third, even though I have it. The more I think about the books after I read them, the more I dislike them. I'm not even sure why I enjoyed the first so much when I initially read it. In both of these series, I have the last book.. and maybe someday I'll read it just to finish it... but I just have no interest in doing so any time soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment