Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Dani @ Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our shelves :)


A Light Between Oceans
by M.L. Stedman

Synopsis

After four harrowing years on the Western Front, Tom Sherbourne returns to Australia and takes a job as the lighthouse keeper on Janus Rock, nearly half a day's journey from the coast. To this isolated island, where the supply boat comes once a season, Tom brings a young, bold, and loving wife, Isabel. Years later, after two miscarriages and one stillbirth, the grieving Isabel hears a baby's cries on the wind. A boat has washed up onshore carrying a dead man and a living baby.

Tom, who keeps meticulous records and whose moral principles have withstood a horrific war, wants to report the man and infant immediately. But Isabel insists the baby is a "gift from God," and against Tom's judgment, they claim her as their own and name her Lucy. When she is two, Tom and Isabel return to the mainland and are reminded that there are other people in the world. Their choice has devastated one of them.

~~~~~~~

This is author M.L. Stedman's first novel, and it sounds amazing. Something about this book caught my attention immediately. It was probably the cover; I love the look of lighthouses :) But after reading the synopsis, I was hooked. I really, really want to get this off my wishlist and onto my shelves! I didn't buy any books for the month of July because I was trying to catch up with others that have been sitting on my shelf forever, but now that it's a new month, I think I'll be going to get a copy of this book (:

6 comments :

  1. I picked up a copy of this earlier this year, and still haven't read it :( not because I don't want to -- just haven't had time! I've heard such great things about it! I hope you enjoy -- maybe I'll finally get to it too.

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to get a copy :) Like you, I really want to read it, I've just been so busy with other stuff!

      Delete
  2. I read this recently and really enjoyed it. Isn't the cover just fab too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the cover :) It really catches my eye! Glad you enjoyed it. I need to get this soon.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this book before, but it definitely sounds really intriguing and different. Great choice!
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) I have high hopes for it, and I don't think I'll be let down.

      Delete