Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tell Me Something Tuesday


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings. Each week a new question is presented. Check out Heidi's blog for all the details :)

This weeks question:

What do you do when you are feeling blogger burnout?

It's pretty simple actually, I usually just take a break from blogging. Sometimes I will post on my blog telling followers what's going on and when I plan on being back, other times I don't. It really depends on what is going on and why I need a break. If I'm just too busy, then I won't likely post anything, but if I have the time and just need a break, then I try to post something. I also try not to think about the blog or stuff that I could/should be posting. I will make sure anything that was scheduled to be posted a certain day still gets posted, but other than that, I don't worry about my blog for a bit. When I feel ready to start blogging again, I do! Usually its just a couple days, and most people don't even notice I'm gone (: Sometimes you just need to take a break from something for a while. 

What about you? What do you do when this happens?

6 comments :

  1. I feel it happening sometimes, but I honestly can't say that I can be away too long...maybe a few hours. LOL!! :)

    When I am visiting family or friends for an extended period of time like a week or so, I take my computer with me so I don't miss anything.

    I guess in actuality I don't take a break even when I have burnout. :) Bad move I guess, but I am obsessed. LOL!!

    GREAT question. This is the second time I visited and answered your weekly question. I enjoy the questions and the answers. I WILL be back!! :)

    THANKS.

    BTW…Stop by for a FUN giveaway too: GIVEAWAY

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy these questions and answers (: I try to limit the amount of time I'm on the computer at night and on the weekends because I'm on it all day for work (which is also where I generally do my blogging - shhh) So when it comes to being gone for a longer period, I will write up some posts before hand, and then just schedule them for when I'm gone. That way I know things are getting posted, but i don't have to worry about it too much (:

      Delete
    2. Oh...I do enjoy them a lot.

      I am a retired teacher so I couldn't do any blogging during the day, and that "killed" me. :) Now I have time after 34 years to have fun. :)

      I do like that we can schedule ahead of time. I have a lot of those in my queue, but I still HAVE to check daily or I feel left out. LOL!!

      Take care.

      Elizabeth

      Delete
    3. haha good to hear!! I love being able to do them ahead of time and then just let the blogger put them out at the right time (:

      Delete
  2. I just disappear for a few days and that does the trick. So far anyway. During that time I don't visit blogs either because I find a compete break does me good. I think that's only healthy every now and again.

    ReplyDelete