Saturday, February 15, 2014

[Review] Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Speak
Publishing Date: Dec. 2, 2010
372 Pages
Format: paperback, purchased
Buy Links: Amazon | B&N





Synopsis

Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Claire, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

My Review

I bought this book because of all the hype that has been going around. I wasn't sure if it was going to be as amazing as everyone else said it was, but I love young adult books, and I love romances, so putting the two together is bound to have a good turnout :) Thankfully, it did! I read the entire book in ONE day! I'll have to admit, when I started it and was about halfway through, I liked it, but I didn't think it was amazing or the best book out there. But then I kept reading and just fell in love.

The characters are fun. Anna doesn't want to be in France, away from her friends, school, and new crush. But she's stuck there, so why not make the most of it. I love that she has a passion for movies. I think it added so much to her characters and wasn't just another girl who lusts after a boy. She has an identity outside of her relationships, and I love that! Etienne is also a great character. He has so many struggles going on in his life, between his controlling father, a mother who lives across the country, and a girlfriend that he isn't sure he wants to be with. These two characters compliment each other so well. And I thought the supporting characters, Rashmi, Mer, and Josh, were great as well. They all add a little something to the story!

I was worried this would be just another teenage love story, that in reality, probably wouldn't last past high school. But it was just different enough that I loved it. Stephanie Perkins is a very talented writer, and I cannot wait to read the next books by her as well!

2 comments :

  1. Yay! Glad it's just as amazing as the hype says it is. I haven't read it yet, but want to soon. I keep hearing that the MC's are really amazing, and that it's not just a cutesy book, you know? So double yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I heard that before I read it, and that's what I think too. It wasn't just a girl-falls-for-cute-boy story. They had a lot going on in each other their lives and it worked out really well

      Delete