Monday, February 10, 2014

Stacking the Shelves 2.10.14


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews. Its all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, whether physical or virtual books. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! Tynga posts this meme on Saturdays, but you can post on any day that works best for you! Check out the guidelines by visiting Tynga's blog!

Usually I post this on Saturday or Sunday, but since I was gone over the weekend, I'll just post now :) Small week for receiving books, but that is definitely ok! I have so many already that it's probably a good thing that I didn't get many. 


Purchased


I've been waiting to get a copy of this book for some time because I keep hearing how great it is! I searched at my local used book store, but could never find it, so I finally broke down and bought it new (which I almost never do). Probably going to be the next book I start! 


I read this book years ago, but since there is now a movie out, I really wanted to reread it. Again, I couldn't find it at the local used bookstore, so I bought it new. One thing that bothers me -- the book store was selling this as "new fiction" and therefore, the price was much higher. But it's NOT new!!! It's actually quite old, so I'm kind of irritated that they're doing that. I understand since it's now a movie, they are expecting to sell more copies, but seriously, it shouldn't be marketed as new! I searched around the store to find the smaller paperback because I wasn't going to pay $15 for the larger sized "new" book.
 I have to say though, I like this cover much better than the original! 


No comments :

Post a Comment