Monday, March 24, 2014

[Mini Review] Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander, JK Rowling 
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books, Obscurus Books
Publishing Date: 2001
42 Pages
Format: paperback, purchased

Synopsis 

A Copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them resides in almost every wizarding household in the country. Now, for a limited period only, Muggles too have the chance to discover where the Quintaped lives, what the Puffskein eats, and why it is best not to leave milk out for a Knarl.

Proceeds from the sale of this book will go to improving and saving the lives of children around the world, which means that the dollars and Galleons you exchange for it will do magic beyond the powers of any wizard. If you feel that this is insufficient reason to part with your money, I can only hope most sincerely that passing wizards feel more charitable if they ever see you being attached by a Manticore.

- Albus Dumbledore

My Mini Review

This is a super cute, fun book written by Newt Scamander (aka JK Rowling)! I cannot remember where I picked it up, maybe a garage sale. It's a very short read, only 42 pages, and gives a short clip of these fantastic beasts. It was really fun to read about all of these beasts and what they do. So many of them are mentioned in the books or movies, and so its fun to find out a little more about them. I especially love the commentary from Harry, Ron and Hermoine!

2 comments :

  1. I had this when I was younger, I loved being able to find out more about all of the magical creatures we met in the books! I liked the commentary too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun! I'm glad I bought it when I had the chance :)

      Delete