Monday, July 28, 2014

[Review] Hawthorne by Sarah Ballance

Hawthorne by Sarah Ballance 
Publisher: Sarah Ballance
Publishing Date: February 2014
Format: free ebook
40 Pages
Links: Amazon | Goodreads


Synopsis 

After a terrifying encounter with the unexplained, it takes ten years and the news of her grandmother’s passing for Emma Grace Hawthorne to return to her childhood home. She seeks peace in saying a proper goodbye, but what she finds is an old love, a sordid family history, and a wrong only she can right. 

Living in the shadow of Hawthorne Manor, Noah Garrett has never forgotten about Emma Grace. In a house full of secrets, his search for missing documents reveals a truth that can cost him everything. What he finds gave Emma the freedom to walk away from the mansion, her heart free and clear, but at what price to Noah?

My Review 

I found this short story on Amazon when the Kindle edition was free, so I just downloaded it on a whim. I finally read it today on my Kindle - it's a quick read, so it didn't take too much time from my other books. This is a short story about ghosts, old mansions and romance. I can't say I've ever really read a ghost story before, but I liked this one! This book didn't suck me in immediately, but once I was about halfway through, I was hooked. And the ending?! All I can say is "wow." I wasn't expecting that at all. It really makes me want to go back and reread the story since I'm sure I'll pick up on a few other things now! It also really makes me want to visit (or live in!) an old house like the one described so beautifully in this book. 

No comments :

Post a Comment