Saturday, October 11, 2014

Gone Girl Movie Review



IMDB Info

Summary: With his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent.

Rating: 8.6/10
Time: 149 minutes
Rated R 
Cast:

Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne
Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne
Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings
Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt
Carrie Coon as Margo Dunne
Kim Dickens as Rhonda Boney

I first read this book so long ago when I borrowed it from my aunt. I loved it but didn't remember most of it when I went to see the movie, which I was actually happy about to be honest. Sometimes, if I read a book and see the movie shortly after, I concentrate too much on what's different in the movie. But this time, I had forgotten a few things that happened, so when it happened in the movie, I was surprised! It definitely makes the movie more enjoyable.

Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike were great in the roles of their characters. I loved Affleck's character because you want to feel bad for him; I mean, his wife's missing! But then you learn he's not quite so innocent and isn't the greatest husband, and you want to hate him just a little bit. And Pike did great as Amy. I loved her in the beginning, but the more you learn about Amy, the more you hate her too! I thought they portrayed their personalities pretty well. I was quite surprised how much I liked Tyler Perry playing Tanner Bolt. I was a little worried at first since he tends to appear in comedies, and I wasn't sure how well he'd do in this dramatic thriller, but he did great. I also enjoyed Kim Dickens as Detective Rhonda Boney. She annoyed me in the beginning (which she was supposed to), because she made the evidence fit her viewpoint, rather than letting her view be changed by the evidence. But she began to grow on me, much like she did in the book.


Read my review of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn here!

Have you read the book and seen the movie? Tell me what you thought!

2 comments :

  1. was the movie ending different than the book ending? hated the book ending, so i'm hesitant to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the general endings are the same. The more I think about it, the more I find myself liking the ending. It was not what I was expecting and initially not what I wanted to happen, but it sure is interesting and makes you think!

      Delete