Thursday, November 13, 2014

[Review] Somebody Like You by Candis Terry

Somebody Like You by Candis Terry
Series: Sugar Shack, #3
Publisher: Avon Impulse
Publishing Date: July 17, 2012
Format: paperback, won
368 Pages
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

Synopsis 

Welcome Back to the Sugar Shack. 

Straitlaced . . . Chicago prosecutor Kelly Silverthorne has a perfect record in the courtroom and a big fat zero in the bedroom. When she loses her first case ever, she returns home to Deer Lick, Montana, to regain her confidence and shake off the "Sister Serious" moniker she's been stuck with since childhood. Only a few hours into her repentance, karma thrusts her face-to-face with yet another of her major fiascos—a one-night stand with the hottest cop in the county.

Rebel with a Cause . . . Deputy James Harley has always played with fire. When smart and sexy Kelly pops back into his life, he doesn't mind going for a full burn. And that might be exactly what happens when his past threatens to catch up with his future.

A Match Made in . . . Heaven only knows what Kelly's dearly departed mom has planned from the other side—especially since she's already meddled in Kelly's siblings' love lives. But even heaven knows that when love comes knocking, there's no stopping the good things to come.


My Review

So, I don't really like reading books in a series out of order, even if they don't necessarily need to be, but I still feel like it's spoiling something. The Sugar Shack series doesn't necessarily need to be read in order because each book involves a different sibling as the main focus. So because of that, I decided to read Somebody Like You, the third in this series! I still need to read the second, Dean's story, but I just couldn't wait until I got it to read more about this family! 

Can Candis Terry do any wrong in her writing?! I seriously love her stories and this one is no different! I immediately identified with Kelly whose a lawyer working as a State prosecutor, but after a tough case, she doesn't know if she wants to go back. I graduated from law school in 2013 and practiced as an attorney for a little over a year. But I soon learned I didn't enjoy the work I was doing. Sure, there were cases that I was happy to work on and felt like I was helping, but there were so many that didn't feel like I was making a difference. So I left the practice and though I'm still working in the legal field, I'm not a practicing attorney and its a completely different area of law. I might go back one day, but right now, I love my job. And that's what Kelly finds; you do something other than what might be expected of you, especially if it's something that makes you happy! And Deputy James Harley... again, a man in uniform is hot! :) He has so many inner demons he's battling, but Kelly brings out the best in him. And in turn, he brings out Kelly's fun side and challenges her to do something different, find her hidden talent. 

These two couldn't be more perfect for each other and I loved watching their relationship grow. I also really liked getting to know Alex, James' younger brother. They have a difficult relationship but Kelly really helps them work through it. This book is really well written and I can't wait to read more of her work. Hopefully I can get Any Given Christmas, Dean's story, soon! Can't wait to finish this series! I'm also really, really looking forward to the rest of Terry's Sweet, Texas novels. If you haven't read her work yet, what are you waiting for?!

Other Books in This Series



No comments :

Post a Comment