Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday 11.11.14


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings. Each week a new question is presented. Check out Heidi's blog for all the details :)


This week's question: Do you hesitate to read a book by your favorite author when it gets bad or lackluster reviews? 

Nope, not a chance. There are so many books that others have read and absolutely loved, while I only liked them, or I loved the book and others didn't feel the same. I can't base my likes and dislikes on what other readers thought of the book. Sure, it makes me think about why they might not have liked it or not liked it as much as others by that author. There's usually a few good reasons why a lot of people didn't like a particular book, but there's also a lot of good reasons why they did. So, no, I won't hesitate to read a book by my favorite author. The book might not turn out to be my favorite, but I still want to give it a chance. And if its written by my favorite author, I can almost always find some things in the book that I liked - they're my favorite for a reason, right?! :) 

What about you? Do you hesitate to read a book by your favorite author if it gets less than positive reviews? 

2 comments :

  1. Hmm I think I would hesitate a bit. If my friends who have the same tastes as me don't like the newest book, there's likely a good reason for it. Sometimes great authors run out of steam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's definitely true. I usually don't hesitate, but there have definitely been times where I'm a little disappointed as well after reading it. I guess maybe this means I should listen to my friends or others?! haha I'll have to work on that, but I like giving it a try knowing I've liked everything else they've written.

      Delete