Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tell Me Something Tuesday 2.24.15


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings. Each week a new question is presented. Check out Heidi's blog for all the details :)


This week's question: Comfort Reading... What types of books do you grab when you need a pick-me-up?

Romances, definitely. I never used to think that I had a favorite genre, but the more I read, the more I realize that romances are probably my favorite books. And if it's not a romance only, if it just has a little romance factor in it, I love it! There's just something about people falling in love that I love! People are so vulnerable when they're in new relationships and learning to trust one another. Plus there's the steaminess of hot new romances when they're all still in the honeymoon stage. It's all just so amazing and so fun to read! :) 

I also used to be self-conscious or ashamed about my love of romance novels. But again, the more I read, the more I don't care what people think. There's no reason to be ashamed of what you like to read (or any other hobby, for that matter)! Just because some of the romance stories are fluff and not that deep, doesn't mean they're any less worthy than other books. Heck, I've read other genres of books that I think are fluff and don't have an ounce of romance in there. I feel like romance novels just get a bad rep sometimes. But no matter what others think of them, I still love reading romances an they're definitely my comfort book! 

No comments :

Post a Comment