Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday 2.10.15


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish. Every week she posts an idea for a 'Top Ten' list relating to books, and encourages other book bloggers to respond and participate. All the details are listed on her site.

This week's question: Top ten likes and dislikes about romance in books.

Likes
1. The feels! There's so much going on all the time and I love it!
2. The chase. It's so fun reading about the couples growing relationship
3. Hot men. I mean come on... What's not to like?!
4. What the stories symbolize. There's so much hope and happiness in each story.
5. Shows people at their most vulnerable.

Dislikes
1. It's not real life!
2. People seriously don't meet so easily and fall in love so quickly now days (I've certainly never met any decent men at a grocery store!)
3. The huge fight/blow-up that always happens. I don't know many relationships like that, and I certainly didn't have that in mine, but we're still very much in love and very happy! I have a love/hate relationship with this -- I hate it, but I love the emotion that it brings to the story.
4. Love triangles. Again, this isn't THAT common in real life, is it??

Want to see more
1. What daily life is like. The stories are all about bigger events in a person's life, but that's not what life is always like. 
2. I want to see more after they fall in love and after they make-up or get married. Life isn't super easy after you get married; it's a lot of work and we never get to see that! 

2 comments :

  1. OOoh nice ones!! I agree with these as well! Sometimes the meeting is never very realistic. Guess I need to change into a paranormal or human with some sort of super ability and have the world be in dire fate in order to meet that sexy guy of my dreams! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol right?! Sometimes so crazy! But I still love them and can't get enough (:

      Delete