Sunday, June 7, 2015

[Review] Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Series: Sky Fall, #1
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Publishing Date: Jan. 1, 2013
404 Pages
Format: paperback, won
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating: 3.5 stars


Synopsis 


Vane Weston should have died in the category-five tornado that killed his parents. Instead, he woke up in a pile of rubble with no memories of his past - except one: a beautiful, dark-haired girl standing in the winds. She swept through his dreams ever since, and he clings to the hope that she's real.

Audra is real, but she isn't human. She's a sylph, an air elemental who can walk on the wind, translate its alluring songs, even twist it into a weapon. She's also a guardian - Vane's guardian - and has sworn an oath to protect him at all costs.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both their families, Audra has just days to help Vane unlock his memories. And as the storm winds gather, Audra and Vane start to realize that the greatest danger might not be the warriors coming to destroy them, but the forbidden romance growing between them.

My Review

I won this book in a giveaway last year from Simon and Schuster, and unfortunately, it had been sitting on my shelf ever since. But I've decided to make an effort to read book that I've had for a while, or slowly start to get rid of them. I'm a bit of a book hoarder, so this is going to be difficult. But at least I started and picked up this one from my piles! 

Audra is Vane's guardian and has been watching over him for the last 10 years, without him knowing. Her job is to protect Vane and eventually teach him about his past and how to learn about the wind. Vane is a bit cocky, which is kind of funny since he apparently hasn't had a girlfriend or a successful date. And Audra is all work and no play. She's determined to teach Vane what he needs to know, but can't let herself become involved with him. 

This book is an interesting concept and something I wasn't sure how I'd feel about. I've picked it up a few times thinking I'd read it next, but then picked something else. But I set my mind to it this time and read it. The writing is well done and the characters are pretty well developed. You can tell how much they care about each other by the way they interact. However, this wasn't my favorite book. Just something about it didn't hold my interest as much as I hoped. 

Others in the Series


No comments :

Post a Comment