Sunday, June 21, 2015

[Review] The Manning Brides by Debbie Macomber

The Manning Brides by Debbie Macomber
Series: Those Manning Men, #1-2
Publisher: Mira
Publishing Date: Aug. 1, 2008
475 Pages
Format: paperback, purchased
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating: 3 stars

Synopsis 

Rich Manning and Jamie Warren have always been friends; and nothing but friends. However, that changes when she asks him to father the child she so desperately wants. Rich agrees; if she'll marry him. Because he thinks their Marriage of Inconvenience could become a real marriage instead.

Paul Manning, a grieving widower with three small children, turns to Leah Baker for help and comfort. When that comfort begins to grow into something else, Paul discovers that he wants more than a Stand-In Wife.

My Review

I've always been a big Debbie Macomber fan. I started reading her books when I was younger and she was one of the first authors to introduce me to the world of romance novels. I fell head over heels in love with her characters, so every time I come across one of her books, I love picking it up. 

Both of these stories were good and a lot of fun to read. Rich and Jamie have been friends for years. She asks him to be a sperm donor because she wants a child so badly. Their relationship takes a different road once this happens and they both realize how they feel about each other. Paul is leaning how to move on after his wife dies, and her sister, Leah, helps him cope with being a new single dad. 

I enjoyed reading these stories. Both were relatively quick and light reads. These weren't my favorites of hers, but nonetheless, still fun. 

No comments :

Post a Comment