Sunday, December 20, 2015

Holiday Blogging Challenge: Day 2


The 7 Day Holiday Challenge is an event hosted by Parajunkee! Check out her website for more information and to participate! 

Day Two: Favorite holiday scene in a book!

Oh, this is a little hard for me! I'm not great at remembering specifics from books...It's partly the reason I started my blog; I figured if I posted a personal review, then I would remember the book a little better after I finished reading. It has helped quite a bit, but not always, clearly. I'm going to have to say that one of my favorite holiday scenes from a book is definitely Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I know it's a bit of a cliche answer, but I really love Harry's first "real" Christmas experience. With the Dursleys he was never treated as part of the family. But at Hogwarts, he has a family and the Weasleys make sure to include him. His surprise when he first wakes up is really great. It's a scene I think I'll always remember! 



Plus I also really loved reading The Christmas Shoes by Donna Van Liere. A really touching story! Plus I still tear up over the song!

No comments :

Post a Comment