Saturday, January 9, 2016

[Review] Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young

Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publishing Date: Aug. 27, 2013
304 Pages
Format: hardcover
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating: 3.5 stars


Synopsis 

Caroline is at a crossroads. Her grandmother is sick, maybe dying. Like the rest of her family, Caroline's been at Gram's bedside since her stroke. With the pressure building, all Caroline wants to do is escape--both her family and the reality of Gram's failing health. So when Caroline's best friend offers to take her to a party one fateful Friday night, she must choose: stay by Gram's side, or go to the party and live her life.

The consequence of this one decision will split Caroline's fate into two separate paths--and she's about to live them both.

Friendships are tested and family drama hits an all-new high as Caroline attempts to rebuild old relationships, and even make a few new ones. If she stays, her longtime crush, Joel, might finally notice her, but if she goes, Chris, the charming college boy, might prove to be everything she's ever wanted.

Though there are two distinct ways for her fate to unfold, there is only one happy ending... 


My Review

I received a copy of this book two years ago in a large giveaway I won from Simon Pulse. Unfortunately, it took this long for me to finally read it, but like most other people, my TBR is constantly growing!

This is the first book I've read by either Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young. I have The Program on my shelf (also from this giveaway), but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I wasn't quite sure what to think of this book after I finished reading it. I liked it, but didn't love it. It was very well written, but the storyline didn't hook me like I was hoping. What I really liked was the main theme of it not really mattering which path you choose because you'll end up right where you belong anyways. It's something that I think about with my husband, like, had I gone to another school, would I still have met him? Interesting to think about and I like how this book showed two different paths that Caroline took, how they affected her, and how they each ended for her. Pretty interesting concept, and although it wasn't my favorite book, I still really enjoyed it and will definitely read more by these authors. 

No comments :

Post a Comment