Sunday, February 7, 2016

[Review] The Wanderer by Robyn Carr

The Wanderer by Robyn Carr
Series: Thunder Point, #1
Publisher: Harlequin, Mira
377 Pages
Format: paperback
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating:

Synopsis 

Nestled on the Oregon coast is a small town of rocky beaches and rugged charm. Locals love the land's unspoiled beauty. Developers see it as a potential gold mine. When newcomer Hank Cooper learns he's been left an old friend's entire beachfront property, he finds himself with a community's destiny in his hands. 

Cooper has never been a man to settle in one place, and Thunder Point was supposed to be just another quick stop. But Cooper finds himself getting involved with the town. And with Sarah Dupre, a woman as complicated as she is beautiful. 

With the whole town watching for his next move, Cooper has to choose between his old life and a place full of new possibilities. A place that just might be home.

My Review

I was in the mood to read some romance novels recently, so I went to my used local book store and stumbled upon this book. I haven't read anything by Carr before, so I thought I would give it a chance. Plus, there's something about books set in the Northwest that really draws me. I've actually never been there, but it's on my list of places to go some day, so until then, I will live vicariously through my books. 

Cooper's friend, Ben, dies unexpectedly and ultimately learns that Ben left him his bar and the 200 acres surrounding it. The bar is in dire need of help, so Cooper decides to renovate it in hopes of selling. However, as he lives in Thunder Point during the renovations, he comes to love the town and people in it, including Sarah, a Coast Guard helicopter rescue pilot. As the story unfolds, we learn that Cooper doesn't really stay in one place very long and doesn't have much of a plan to settle down any time soon. But as he gets closer to Sarah, he finds himself almost convincing her that it's okay to settle down. It's really fun to watch their friendship grow to a romance. Sarah is really reserved because of her last relationship, but Cooper doesn't pressure her. And Sarah's brother is a great supporting character as well, and I loved watching the relationship between him and Cooper grow. 

This was a really good book and I loved the characters. Plus we got a bonus love story between Mac and Gina, whose close friendship turns to love once they realize they both have been crushing on each other forever! This is definitely going to be a good series to follow! And I can't wait to see what else Carr has in store. 

No comments :

Post a Comment